According to Bloomberg Businessweek Raleigh is ranked as the best place to live in the United States for the second year in a row! For those of us who live here it’s certainly not a surprise. Thinking about relocating? Consider Raleigh.
Based on Bloomberg Business week, cities around the U.S. are ranked. Below is how Raleigh sealed the #1 spot.
- Population: 377,487
- Mayor: Charles Meeker
- Percent with bachelor’s degrees: 47.5%
- Percent under poverty level: 13.9%
- Median household income: $53,370
- Violent crime rate: 492.9
- Property Crime Rate: 3,403.2
- School Score: 74.4
- Pro Sports teams: 1 (GO CAROLINA HURRICANES!)
- Foreclosure rate: .0056
- Percent Unemployment: 6.9%
- Park acres per 1,000 residents: 30.8
- Bars: 110
- Museums: 51
- Colleges: 10
- Libraries: 18
- Air Quality Index: 83
Why Raleigh is #1
According to Bloomberg Business week Raleigh ranks number one because of its high number of restaurants, bars, cultural institutions, large social scene, parks, and great schools. With tons of deals on nights and weekends including concerts, opera, and the 30,000-sq ft State Farmer’s Market there is plenty to do! Raleigh is also the anchor to the Research Triangle of NC State, Duke, and UNC Chapel Hill.