Relocating is Moving x10
Anyone who has ever moved knows that it is a physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausting process – whether it’s next door, or cross country. When you add the start of a new job, leaving behind friends and family, changing schools, and meeting new people, you can see why relocation is #3 on the list of top 10 stressors in life.
Linda Craft and Team is committed to simplifying this difficult process. We take the stress out of buying and selling your home so that you can focus on adjusting to a new area, new job, and new people. If you aren’t sure where to begin or what to do next, don’t worry. We’ve compiled many tips and relocation resources to help you get the process started and moving along smoothly.
3 Main Reasons For Relocation to the Triangle
- Corporate relocation for employment
- Family change or health concern
- Ready for a change (moving towards something better)
With each of these three reasons, the timing of a sale of a home to avoid double living expenses, hitting a job start date, or making the goal date of the arrival with your household goods requires an experienced Realtor to help with the total plan.
Relocation Decisions and Deadlines
Regardless of why you are relocating, there are many time-sensitive decisions to make and deadlines to hit that require careful consideration and planning. Almost everyone underestimates the time needed and the associated expenses of a move.
Multiple decisions must be made long distance in a short amount of time in regard to the destination city, including:
- Which Realtor should I hire to represent me in the purchase of a new home?
- What is the cost of living and housing cost?
- What part of town do I want to live in?
After you have decided on the first basic need according to Maslow’s Law (shelter), then you’re ready to make the other big decisions. You will need to choose new doctors and coordinate forwarding medical records, transfer driver’s licenses, auto registration, register for schools, and make deposits for utility companies, all while learning your way around the new town.
You will likely feel lost and unsure of your decisions. All of this is being done while grieving the loss of friends, worrying about your children adjusting, and dealing with anxiety over making new friends or the new job. Check out our advice for moving with kids.
If you’re relocating to the Triangle area, we’ve provided local information about neighborhoods, jobs, schools, and more! Whether you’re looking for dog parks in Raleigh, tips for enrolling your little one in Wake County Kindergarten, or anything in between, we can provide the answers you’re looking for. And if there’s anything else you want to know about the area, you can request relocation information tailored specifically to your situation.
Decisions in regards to your departing city typically include:
- Which Realtor should I hire to represent me?
- How much can I sell my home for?
- What will I net from the sale in order to buy a new one?
- How long will it take to sell my home?
- How fast can it go on the market?
- Should it be shown vacant or with furniture?
- What should I budget to prepare my home for sale?
- What if it does not sell on time?
- Can I financially carry this home plus my living expenses in the new area at the same time? If the answer is yes, then for how long?
- How am I going to time all of this move?
An expert Realtor with years of experience can really help ease the stress by helping you to plan, execute, and know what you don’t know. The departing city Realtor also works closely with the destination city Realtor to coordinate the details that must be timed together. Details such as closing date, move out and move in dates, transfer of funds from the sale to the purchase, are all things your Realtors are trained to help you with.
At Linda Craft & Team, we also coordinate the entire closing on this end and do everything in advance so that our relocating sellers can get on the road earlier to help ease the stress of the drive and time-sensitive tasks on the other end.
Steps to Take for a Smooth Relocation
- Call Linda Craft & Team for a Realtor referral in your destination city. We work with all 3rd party relocation companies and have a network of the very best of the best Realtors in the world. When relocating, you desperately need to connect to an expert in your destination area for advice, coordination of events, interim housing and to find your new home.
- Get rid of junk – go through the attic, basement, garage, closets and drawers. Toss out, donate, or sell anything and everything you have not touched for a year. We will provide a list of charity pick-ups and places to sell valuables.
- Prepare your house to win a top-dollar, quick sale by following the advice of our professional home stager.
- Consult with Linda Craft & Team about options for selling the house vacant, staged or to utilize one of our Showhomes Managers that take over some of your reoccurring expenses.
- Gather facts and figures:
• How much will I net from my sale?
• What will it cost me to buy and live in the new area?
• What will my physical move cost?
• What shall I budget for deposits required for new cable, utility accounts, insurance and taxes?
Keep in mind the value of your home in the greater Raleigh area can’t increase in order for you to afford the price of housing in a new area. They are two different areas and the value is what the value is just like our weather is different than other parts of the country.
- Always have a Plan B. Your Realtor will be able to help you with this as well.
What You Need to Know about Relocating to Raleigh
There are so many pieces of the puzzle to put together in a short period of time. You probably still have a lot of questions about the cost of your move, and fear of the unknown can be overwhelming at times. We’ve provided all the information you need to answer these questions and calm your fears.
How a Realtor Can Help Reduce Stress and Accomplish Your Goals
Time is not your friend when you are relocating. Our goal is to take your burdens away through guidance, project management, and aggressive marketing that reaches millions of buyers causing our homes to sell faster.
Linda Craft & Team, Realtors provide:
- Professional staging
- Project managing at no additional cost
- Reliable vendors
- Vacant home service
- Higher sales prices in half the time
Our Team has everything you need to get your house ready fast, and find the home and location that’s right for you. Contact us today to let us know what your goals are and how we can best help you meet them.