As the holiday season approaches, many Raleigh home sellers begin to take their houses off the market.
They believe no one will be interested in purchasing during December because people are more interested in their holiday festivities.
This could not be further from the truth! The best time to close on a home is actually during the holiday season.
The Holidays Attract Serious Buyers
While it is true you may have fewer showings during the holidays, the ones you do have will be filled with serious potential buyers.
If a house closes before the end of the year, consumers are eligible for tax benefits and incentives that apply for the entire coming year. Interest rates are also lower during this time.
Those most interested in purchasing during the holiday season are:
- Corporate buyers who are looking to relocate new employees while their business is closed.
- Families who are moving and wish to enroll their sons or daughters in a new school district before the beginning of a new semester.
- Individuals who are looking to own their own home for family gatherings and holiday festivities.
Because most Raleigh home sellers begin to take their homes off the market during the holiday season, there is less competition to connect with a buyer looking to close on your home.
When the New Year starts, the surplus of home options available return and you have missed out on your window of opportunity.
The Triangle Multiple Listing Service (TMLS) has solid numbers to support keeping your home up during the holidays:
- Homes available for sale increase 20-30% in January and February versus November and December.
- 4,679 properties closed in November and December versus 3,582 properties in January and February.
Let Us Help You Sell Your Raleigh Home During the Holidays
Do not be fooled by false assumptions about the housing market, because you could potentially miss the best opportunity for your home to sell. Instead, let experienced real estate professionals advise you during your holiday home sale.
At Linda Craft & Team, REALTORS®, we have over 30 years of experience in the Greater Raleigh housing market and are the #1 real estate team in the Triangle. Let our experienced and well-versed staff help you get the close you need to move onto the next step in your life.
Connect with us today at (919) 235-0007 and let’s sell your Raleigh home for top dollar during the holidays.