My team meets every Tuesday to keep our skills sharp in this ever changing Raleigh real estate market. Each department gives an update on current business, we discuss new listings coming to the market, what our current home buyers are looking for, and then we train on different topics. Sometimes the topics are new rules and form changes from the Real Estate Commission. Other training topics are economic, mortgage and appraisal issues affecting the Raleigh, Cary and Triangle market. Last week we focused on practical applications that can help us be more efficient by managing our time better. Each Team member started with making a list of the 5 worst time wasters and their 5 best time saving ideas. I thought I would share some of our team’s top tips with you:
The Linda Craft & Team’s Top Time Saver Tips:
- If you are working on a project or in an appointment let incoming calls go to voicemail until you complete the task. This will help you stay focused and be proactive instead of reactive.
- Check Voice Mail at regular times during the day, not after every call. It takes time to dial into voice mail so pick up several messages with one call.
- Follow a schedule and stick to it. Everything is important but, very few things are urgent. Plan your day the night before and protect your schedule.
- Text Someone verses Calling Them. This can save up to five minutes of idle conversation and alot of voice mail tag.
- Make your coffee the night before and schedule it to brew the next morning when you get up.
- Use a Free Dry Cleaners Pick Up Service. This will save you alot of time driving around town or standing in line.
- Use a Grocery Shopping Service. Shop Online and schedule your groceries to be brought to your car in the store parking lot for a cheap as $5.95 a trip. It also protects you from impulse buying.
- Clean out your inbox daily by one of these three actions; delte, file or answer and delete.
- Schedule your shampoo and hair cuts first thing in the morning so you are not doing your hair twice in one day.
- Close Your Office Door and Concentrate. People popping in with Chit Chat can waste 1/3 of your day.
Do you have more tips you can share with us? We would love to hear from you.
I hope that you have a great Monday-