This week my real estate office has been very busy with several out of state families who are relocating to our Greater Raleigh area. One of the neat things about having a large real estate team is that we all work together sharing our knowledge and experience to best meet the needs of our clients. When families relocate to the Triangle sometimes their needs are more complexed than just which Raleigh area home or neighborhood they want to live in. They need to know where to find the best doctors, playgrounds and daycare options just to name a few. Many of our Team members have children and have relocated themselves so they are a great resource for families. We know that Moms and Dads have so many things to take care of in a move and my Team loves to all pitch in to help relocating families in their transition . Here are some tips you may want to know or share with someone relocating with children.
A Few Quick Moving Tips For Raleigh Area Families:
1. Your children’s rooms should be one of the first places you unpack and set up. Once it is done they can play in their room and get settled in while you move on to the next important space.
2. If your children are used to certain bedtime or morning routines, stick with them. I know that it is hard when you are in the middle of boxes to do it, but it will make a difference.
3. Set up your children’s rooms the same way they had it in their old home. You can always change it later, but having everything in the same spot makes it easier for them to know where things go.
4. Get out and meet the neighbors and their families. Check out your neighborhood playground for a few minutes or walk around the block when it is time for a break.
5. Go easy on your children and yourself. Moving is stressful for everyone. Remember to take care of yourself.
6. Give your children an area to unpack. Preschoolers through highschool can always help whether it is dishtowels in a drawer or other simple areas. You can always redo it later and they will feel like an important part of the move and family.
For more tips on moving with kids, pets or setting up your household visit my raleigh real estate website or call my office and speak with my team. We all have moved around or to the Raleigh area from other parts of the country and know what it is like to be in transition. We are here 24/7 to help make everything about your move easier.