Top 10 Reasons To Choose Linda Craft & Team
If you’re looking into the Raleigh area real estate market, you shouldn’t go it alone. Our free Buyer’s Agents will make sure you find the home that’s right for you – at the right price. Here are a few ways we can make that happen.
1. Free Representation – The Buyer Agent shares a fee with the listing agent that represents the builder. Which means all the information your agent will provide won’t cost you a thing!
2. Knowing the Real Estate Market – Builders often boost prices with new phases in the community. Your Buyer’s Agent will put in the time to compare closing sales and concessions offered in the neighborhood so you can make a well-informed offer.
3. Meeting Your Interests – Our agents are dedicated to meeting your interests so you can make the right choice. We want to ensure you have a solid understanding of your resale value and have the best home buying experience possible. That said, your Buyer’s Agent is concerned with making a quality relationship and would love to serve you in the future.
4. Pros and Cons –We have 100% fiduciary responsibility to clients, which means you’ll be given the good and bad that comes with your purchase. Your Buyer’s Agent will keep you informed about communities that may be of interest to you in your home search as well.
5. Lot Premiums and Resale Values – Developments are bound to have some houses that won’t sell as easily as others. For instance, some homes might be built in an undesirable area, like a flood zone. These homes are often enhanced with more upgrades than houses built on better lots. Your Buyer’s Agent will inform you about the resale value of these lot premiums.
6. Risk Awareness – Whether you’re buying early or toward the end of construction, your Buyer’s Agent will let you know if you’re paying too much in a certain neighborhood or phase.
7. Understanding the Upgrade – Just because the house has a lot of upgrades doesn’t mean you’re getting your money’s worth. Some upgrades can be marked 100% to 400% above their real value! To find out which upgrades will provide you a good return, your Buyer’s Agent will be sure to tell you which ones are worth your while.
8. Clarifying the Contract – Builders may have contracts with terms that put the buyer at a disadvantage. It’s important to keep an eye out for the following items:
- Non-refundable money from the buyer
- No refund of deposits if builder breeches contract
- Daily financial penalties if a buyer misses a closing date but, no penalties if the seller fails to deliver the home for months
- Testing for radon only allowed after closing www.epa.gov/radon
9. The Right Time to Close – You never want to close with an incomplete house. A Buyer’s Agent will encourage you to close only when the house is officially complete.
10. The Importance of Home Inspections – While the builder might tell you otherwise, your Buyer’s Agent knows that a home inspection is absolutely imperative. Even if the house seems perfect, you don’t want to find out it’s not when it’s too late. Mistakes are made during construction, and only an inspection can ensure you peace of mind.
Be sure to let us know if you’re planning on starting your home search soon!
Visit our new construction page to learn more about buyer representation and new construction in the Greater Raleigh area.