North Carolina certainly has some of the best colleges and universities in the entire country. North Carolina universities can be found on almost every top college ranking chart in the U.S. I moved to NC for college, and am more than happy with the education and life experience I received. The Triangle Business Journal recently released the list of the top 25 North Carolina Colleges and Universities based on total fall enrollment this year. Four of the triangles colleges/universities make the list (two being in the Top Five).
North Carolina College/University Ranked by Total Enrollment (Fall 2012)
- NC State University: Known for their engineering, business, and biology programs, NC State has a total enrollment of 32,238 (23,430 undergraduate and 8,808 graduate). In state tuition is $240 per credit hour and the ratio of female to male is 44% to 56%. Located in the heart of Raleigh.
- East Carolina University
- UNC Charlotte
- UNC Chapel Hill: $7,694 per year for in state tuition. The total enrolled this year is 25,824 (17,562 undergraduate and 8,262 graduate students). Some popular degrees include biology, psychology, business administration, journalism and mass communication, and political science. 58% female and 42% male.
- UNC Greensboro
- Appalachian State University
- Duke University: One of the few private universities on the list, Duke has 14,924 students enrolled (6,631 undergraduate and 8,293 graduate students. The cost per credit hour is $1,322. Popular majors included biomedical engineering, psychology, economics, and English. The ratio of female to male is pretty close to 50:50. Ranked 8th for in the country for top universities!
- UNC Wilmington
- NC A&T University
- Western Carolina University
- Wake Forest University
- NC Central University: Located in Durham, top degrees include criminal justice, biology, and political science. We just under 7,000 students, 5,602 are undergraduate and 1,239 are graduate. NC Central is surprisingly female with a 67% to 33% female to male ratio respectively. The average tuition is $3,244 per year.
- Campbell University
- Elon University
- UNC Pembroke
- Winston-Salem State University
- High Point University
- UNC Asheville
- Mount Olive College
- Gardner-Webb University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Wingate University
- Johnson & Wales
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Methodist University
NC Community Colleges located in the Triangle
- Wake Technical Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- Johnston Community College
If you are a student at one of these great universities/college, contact the Linda Craft & Team Property Management Department and we can help you find a great rental in the Triangle area! Visit or website or contact us at 919.235.0007.