My name is Ashley and I am the new Director of First Impressions at Linda Craft and Team, Realtors. I am very excited to be part of such a wonderful and knowledgeable group of real estate agents and supporting staff. I will be guest blogging periodically on design trends, remodeling tips, preparing your home to sell, and general ideas on how to make your new house feel like a home.
Here is a little bit on my background:
- Interior design degree from Appalachian State University (Go App!)
- Previous interior designer for a hotel development company
- Working towards a graphic and web design degree in my “free time”
Needless to say I have had to grow an eye for detail. I hope I can offer you my design knowledge in an effort to inspire your next home project and provide staging ideas so you can sell your home!
Ready To Remodel Your Triangle, NC Home?
The Triangle Real Estate market is looking up and many people are spending major remodeling dollars in an effort to increase the value of their homes and make them more appealing to buyers. Remodeling trends are reflecting the new, conservative lifestyle of Raleigh homeowners who are staying in and entertaining at home.
Many experts agree that people remodel the kitchen first and then the bathroom. We do love our bathrooms but let’s focus on the heart of the home, the kitchen!
Kitchen Design Trends That Don’t Require Major Demo
- Tile It Up – Subway tile backsplash with dark grout is a look that is both traditional and contemporary.
- Open It Up – People are incorporating open shelving into their standard closed cabinets – a mix of the two might be ideal if you plan to re-sell.
- Stainless Steel Appliances – still rule! They offer a clean, streamlined look that is sure to work with whatever design aesthetic you choose. Energy efficient appliances are better for the environment AND a great selling point.
- Two-Toned Cabinets – Example: upper cabinets are white and lower cabinets are gray – be careful with this one and pick colors that are neutral for re-selling.
- Move Over Granite – Granite countertops are still a favorite but many people are trying out quartz and even concrete with recycled glass to update their kitchens.
- Take It Outside – The outdoor kitchen is popular as ever and is useful in all seasons.
Check out the National Kitchen and Bath Association’s Top 2013 Kitchen and Bath Trends List.
Looking For More Remodeling Tips?
Need some more inspiration for your Triangle home remodeling projects? Check out our Pinterest page or follow us on Facebook! We have also started an account with houzz.com, so check out our design Ideabooks!
Peace, love and happy homes!