The Real Estate Market is Constantly Changing
Location, location location used to be the only thing you had to consider if you wanted to make a good real estate investment. But today buyers come in all shapes and sizes and what motivates them to buy or not buy is a whole lot more than location.
More and more buyers are saying, “show me properties that have good feng shui.”
Many books have been written about the ancient secrets to selecting properties with good Feng Shui. Even the real estate magnet Donald Trump uses the feng shui guidelines for purchasing real estate. As a real estate professional for 20 years who has read Feng Shui books and attended seminars I am still not sure about the ancient philosophy of wind, water, fire, earth, metal and wood and the balancing aspects of yin and yang but call it anything you want—I am sure of this…homes sell by emotion and how a home looks and feels to a buyer is the difference between a sale and NO sale.
What is Feng Shui? It is not about spending a lot of money and having fancy designer labels. It is about simplicity, a lack of clutter and getting rid of the extra “stuff” that blocks the flow of positive energy in our minds and in our homes. It’s about furniture, windows and door placement to allow light and a correct inviting flow that makes you so comfortable in a home that you want to stay awhile. Or better yet, buy it for top dollar.
Honey Stop The Car!
Ever had that feeling where a home captured your attention so strongly that you stopped your car to immediately call the realtor right then! This is the dream of every seller and realtor because when this kind of excitement happens the house is SOLD. Here are Feng Shui tips to make your home simply irresistible too.
- Curb appeal is fundamental. Grass cut, edged, bushes trimmed, NO weeds; flowers, flowers, and more flowers
- Driveways clean, mailbox straight, trash bins out of sight
- Porch clean, round or oval pots of blooming flowers, weather permitting
- Front path clean with flowers along the way
- A new doormat, preferably black – semicircle or oval is ideal
- Front door should be immaculate, fresh coat of paint or varnish, kick plate bright and shining
- Remove all “NO Solicitors and Do Not Disturb signs.
- Address numbers visible from across the street
- Doorbell that sounds gentle, not jarring. Solid threshold, shiny, firm doorknob
- Front door lock and key that work easily
- Fresh flowers or good looking silk flowers in entry and on dining room table
- Dying plants anywhere or empty pots are not good Feng Shui
- Remove all excess furniture –roomy and spacious feeling is most important
- Clutter is your worst enemy – rent a storage unit for excess, if necessary
- Fresh paint where needed is the sellers best investment
- 3 to 5 accessory items on kitchen and bathroom counters; all else removed
- Pay attention to art work…neutral is best (no negative, sexual or violent images. No dead trophy animals)
- Position furniture to invite guests inward-nothing blocking forward movement or doorways
- Toilet lids down! Pet dishes out of sight and cat boxes outside
CLUES TO GUIDE YOU TO HOMES WITH GOOD FENG SHUI
- Parcels having regular shapes (square or rectangle)
- Healthy lush foliage
- Lots with flat or gentle topography
- Floor plans flow easily and have regular shapes
- Homes with plenty of natural light and good ventilation
- Master bedroom that allows the owners to command the door without looking straight out the door
- Near high powered electrical lines and transformers
- That slope down at the rear or are located at the edge of a cliff.
- With swiftly moving water, such as a river, or a busy street at the rear.
- Near excessive noise or obnoxious odors
- Located at a heavily trafficked “T” or “Y” junction
- Floor plans where stairs are located immediately in the front of the main door
Feng shui may seem a “bit outside the box” but the truth is it works. If you are planning to buy or sell a home and would like more information on Feng shui staging contact Linda Craft at 919- 781-9298
Hello! We are happy to announce that the Bark Around The Park Photos are now available!
Click here to view the photos.
We hope that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!
We received the Bark Around the Park photo disc at our office late yesterday. This morning it was delivered to a local company who will color correct, size and upload our photos to our website company. We hope to have the photos posted online for everyone by the beginning of next week. Thank you for your patience- we are trying to get everything posted as soon as we can.
Linda Craft & Team
Since the end of the “Bark Around the Park” event we have received numerous calls and emails regarding the photos that were taken at the event. Two weeks prior to the event we were notified that the photographer that we hired had a scheduling conflict and booked a wedding at the same time. We scrambled to find a photographer and found one with a professional studio near Millbrook Exchange Park. This photographer was arrested within 48 hours after the event. The photographs have been taken by the Raleigh Police Department and at this point we are being told that we will be unable to retrieve them. Like all of you we were shocked and astonished. There were no signs or indications that the potential for such actions would or could possibly exist. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment that these series of events have caused you. We understand that to you this was a waste of time. We apologize for that inconvenience. It was our sincere desire to provide for you a small token for you to remember the event by. Please accept my personal apology. Humbly and Sincerely, Linda Craft
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the photographs taken on Saturday, April 28, 2007 at the Bark Around the Park event will not be available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We were very excited to launch our new lindacraft.com this week. Thank you for being patient with us as we are still working out some odds and ends. What are some of the things that you think would be helpful on our site? Please let us know as we are constantly striving to make lindacraft.com a real estate and area resource for you and your family.
I hope that you have a great weekend and a Happy Mother’s Day!
We are very excited to announce that Phyllis Strusky of Wake Forest, NC was the winner of the 5 day Dream Cruise for Two. Phyllis was still at the event when her name was called and was very excited to win.
The other door prize winners were as follows:
Kristen and Alan Johnston
Phil and Sandy Byrd
Bark Around the Park is tomorrow at Millbrook Exchange Park and our team is busy getting everything ready today. Linda called in early this morning and told us that she has the flu, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that she will be feeling better tomorrow.
Our team is one of the main sponsors this year and we have alot going on through out the day. At our booth we will have a place for people to register and donate $5.00 for the dog park and a chance to win a 5 night cruise for two. The cruise will be given away that day. We will also have a professional photographer who will be taking free photos of everyone with their pets. The photos will be available to download through our site in about two weeks.
Linda will be bringing her dogs, Katie and Bandit, Debbie will be bring Cole, Jessica will be bring her dog, Pickels. And last, but not least,Debra will be bringing our newest addition to her family and our pet family, Winston, who many of you know by stopping by our office. The rest of us will be there in our Linda Craft & Team shirts throughout the day.
David and I will be packing everything up today in one of our Linda Craft Moving Vans and heading over to the park first thing tomorrow morning. The event will be from 11 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The first dog bone hunt will be tomorrow at 12- I ended up buying 7 boxes of dog bones from BJ’s yesterday afternoon. So we should have quite a few happy dogs!
I hope that you all can make it. Feel free to stop by and say hello. For more information on the event click here: http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_318_209_0_43/http%3B/pt03/DIG_Web_Content/feature/public/FeatDtl-PubAff-Get_Ready_For_A_Dog_Gone-20070425-114838.html
Have a great day!
Hello! Welcome to our new blog. We will be featuring all kinds of triangle information, upcoming events, and team news over the next few months. If you have an event that you would like to publicize, just let us know! We would be happy to spread the news.